Friday, June 27, 2008

I really enjoy decorating and crafting and one way to avoid over spending on decorating is buying a few of those handmade pieces you love and mixing them with items you find at thrift stores and Yard and Garage Sale. When I go to these places I keep in mind what I am looking for and try not to stray ( sometimes it is hard to keep focused especially when you feel like you are getting a bargain, but unless you can use it toward your goal of decorating that room you want to get done or really have a need for it for some other reason) try to resist. I know it is hard so I will give a couple of tips that I have used that help me out on most occasions.

1) When I stop at a sale I bring a list of items that I am looking for and if my room that I want to decorate is not finished I bring a picture of the room in so I can see what I need to finish.

2) Another thing you might try is to leave part of your money in the car hidden and most likely you will only go all the way back to your car for the money if it is something that you really want.

Also set your self a budget and when you feel like you may go way over re-think, re-use and recycle items you may already have, try to look at things in a different light.

Keep coming back for more great handmade home decor items and for more ideas.

I hope you enjoy and find this helpful.

No comments: